Donnerstag, 27. August 2015

My love for cookbooks

I have a confession to make: I love cookbooks. After eating mostly vegan, the number of books that catch my eye has reduced a little bit, the ordinary Family-Cooking-thing is not the kind of cookbook that I really want to flip through.
But have you noticed the growing number of VEGAN cookbooks? I could visit the bookstore every week and still find a new book! How many recipes can someone write about kale and green smoothies?
Sometimes, I think I need a new book because I like the cover or I just love the author. (I absolutely adore Isa Chandra Moskowitz for her funny writing and -well- because she is about my age).

My latest finds from the bookstore
 
But sometimes, my expectations go beyond that. Sometimes I see a book and think "Yes, this is just what I need, this will change the way I cook and will make life waayyy easier!"
Yes, I believe that books can change your live, even cookbooks. *blush*

This is the reason why I bought: "Das vegane Familienkochbuch" ("Vegan Family Cookbook") by author Jasmin Hekmati.I was fed up a little bit by vegan books like those written by German Vegan "Guru" Attila Hiltmann. There are lots of books on the market for Singles with high income and lots of time for sports, books with unsual ingredients andrecipes that you better not serve to a teenager.



"Das vegane Fai´milienkochbuch" provides recipes that are basic, easy to recreate in my kitchen and they are kid-friendly. It contains a chapter about eating healthy as a vegan, with an easy-to-follow guideline on how much protein, carbs and fruits and veggies you should eat in one day. My son has decided to go vegan three weeks ago and as a mom I am concerned that maybe he could get a deficit in calcium or protein, so I need some guideline. No, he does not like veggies. He is fourteen.
I am looking forward to try some recipes from this new kitchen helper, especially those little almond-tartes and some of the spreads the author is offering. Do you have a favourite family-friendly cookbook? I am thankful for every suggestion...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen